nceuro.org Forum Index nceuro.org
North Carolina European Car Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WARNING! www.Brakeplanet.com

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kkamakasi
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: WARNING! www.Brakeplanet.com Reply with quote

MODS: If this does not belong in this section or violates some rule, please move it to the correct section or remove it. But I'm just trying to inform people so they do not get scammed like I and so many others have been.

From another forum that I'm a member...

Quote:
I would like to inform my fellow Bimmers about the service that I received from www.Brakeplanet.com

I ordered brake rotors from www.Breakplanet.com on the 15th of May, I was told that they have them in stock and that they will arrive in less than four days - After waiting for four days and nothing came in, I placed a call to see what the status of the order was. It was that day that I was informed they did not have them in stock and that it would take 5 days more. (Meanwhile my wife is not able to drive her car, due to brakes squeaking loudly and not safe for the kids to be in the car with her)

So I placed another call the 9th or 10th day to see when they will arrive (And that's when I lost it) which I got the manager on the phone named Kathy, at extension 1030 - Who was very RUDE and told me that they are still working on the order and so forth.

So I waited couple of more days and when they still have not arrived, I called back to cancel my order - which at that time they elected to screen my calls and never gave me a call back. So I kept calling them trying to reach someone that could help me, but they just kept on screening my caller ID and letting the answering machine pick it up.

I called them and informed them that they have 72 hours to cancel my order and refund the monies to me. Which of course that did not happen, so today I placed a call to them again asking them why they have not refunded monies yet - I come to find out that they still are working on the order and telling that it would take a few more days to ship of the brake parts to me!
I told them that I had canceled the order and to refund the funds ASAP! Which in turn, they placed me on hold for another 11mins and 32 seconds, before I hung up on them and called them back again. And again, they currently still have me on hold!!!

I hung up again and called back and asked them why is it that I keep on getting placed on hold and no one is getting back to me?? (This time, it was Kathy, the customer manager who picked up) I asked her nicely, "Why is that I keep on getting placed on hold and no one gets back to me? She said that she was on another call and wasn't able to get back to me.

So I asked her, "why isn't the order canceled? And why have you not refunded my monies yet?" she said that has canceled the order with he machine shop by has yet to cancel it out in their system and that I should be receiving my funds in 48 hours. (Will see if that happens)

In conclusion - What a joke that this company is!!! I will NEVER, NEVER again order parts from them!!!
The worst service ever!!!

I'm sharing this info with in hopes that you do not order anything from them, so that you don't encounter the same BS that I did (and still am)

And this is MY PERSONAL experience..

Quote:
Very similar experience for me.

I placed an order about a month ago for my mother's brake pads for her QX4.
After a week, I received an email saying that my "brake rotors" were found to be of poor quality and has failed the quality check and that the "brake rotors" are going to be re-inspected to be shipped out after the problem is fixed. They went on to say 'sorry for the mishap, you will receive 10% off your next order'...

First I never ordered rotors. I ordered pads. I emailed them back and said 'wtf'. They said that was a mistake and that the order has been sent through to shipping. Well I waited another week for my pads and I didn't get an email or anything. I called them. No answer. I emailed them. They told me over email that their phone was down and that my order has been sent to shipping for processing and shipping. I was like 'you said that a week ago' and they said 'yes....'. I said 'fuk this. cancel my order' and they said 'can not do it.. order has been already processed'.

So I'm still waiting for me pads.

Please inform other forums that you're a member at about this. I'm really ticked off. Their customer service department is non-existent. Every time I call, the sales line is ALWAYS open and someone answers immediately. The Customer Service line is ALWAYS...ALWAYS busy and the call gets transferred to voicemail. The whole bit looks very shady and I feel I got scammed. I did a google search of brake planet and came up with plenty of very bad experiences from unfortunate customers who went through them for their brake needs.

Let's put them out of business. Please share the information.
TheRingmeister
Postmaster General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you guys were paying by credit card, why didn't you simply dispute the charge with your card issuer and go buy parts somewhere else?
qcusa #00138
kkamakasi
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRingmeister wrote:
if you guys were paying by credit card, why didn't you simply dispute the charge with your card issuer and go buy parts somewhere else?

How do I do that????

Please Please elaborate!

Never did anything like that before. What do I tell the card company?
idonotmatch
Learner's Permit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually there's a customer service number on the back of your card. Give them a call, explain the situation.
Postmaster General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kkamakasi wrote:
TheRingmeister wrote:

How do I do that????

Please Please elaborate!

Never did anything like that before. What do I tell the card company?

exactly what you told us!?!?! Use your head!

Seriously, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but you have protections if it was actually a VISA credit card, not a VISA debit card.
qcusa #00138
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nceuro.org Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: