nceuro.org Forum Index nceuro.org
North Carolina European Car Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2008 E90 M3 - Melbourne Red

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pkp1288
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject: 2008 E90 M3 - Melbourne Red Reply with quote

The time has come for me to part ways with my E90 M3 sedan 6MT. It is Melbourne Red over Black Leather. Some of the unofficial sites estimate that there were something like 300 sedans ever made in this color. The car is fully loaded with EDC, PDC, Cold Weather Package. I think the only option it doesn't have are the 19" wheels.

It has just a hair under 100k miles, but I have made sure this car is mechanically sound. I replaced the rod bearings a little over 5000 miles ago with VAC coated, extra clearance rod bearings and ARP rod bolts. I did 3 oil analyses prior to the change that indicated no concern but I still have the bearings that show otherwise. With that said, I have seen MUCH worse bearings come out of other cars. I have one oil analysis since the bearing change and that actually had better values than the prior 3.

Car is Melbourne Red over black leather.

I replaced one throttle actuator about 15k miles ago. The other one I replaced the gears with the aftermarket Odometer Gears fix.

The pinion seal started leaking at one point so I replaced that as well.

Only modifications are as follows:
UUC SSK
Macht Schnell Intake
Bimmerworld Street Axle-Back
Wheel Spacers front and rear
B&G Lowering springs
HID Angel Eyes (LuxV1 I believe)
Upgraded subwoofers driven by an aftermarket amplifier
LED Smoked Tails
NC Legal Window Tint

I have every part that was ever taken off of this car for anything aftermarket. It isn't a perfect car at 100k miles but it's in pretty damn good shape.

I would love to keep the car but my priorities have changed and I don't spend a whole ton of time at home. Plus I can't afford to have cars like this sitting around and have other hobbies as well. I basically had to make a choice between the turbo E36 and this and of course the turbo won.

Full disclosure the only issues would be your typical rock chips at 100k miles; my dad pulled into a curb one time and there are a couple spider cracks in the paint on the lower lip and a bit of a slight warp (barely noticeable); lastly my old roommate hit the front drivers fender pulling into the driveway at very low speed... The fender was repaired by a local shop and it was impossible to see where - until it heat cycled the plastic enough that a hairline crack came through to the paint.

I know I don't have any pictures up... It's been a while since I've been on the forums and I know photobucket stopped hosting so if anyone has a suggestion on who to have host photos that would be appreciated. In the meantime, please email me with any questions at the address below:

tyler.b.hull (at) gmail.com

The car is located in Wilmington, NC - Asking $23k

I am out of town until 5/13 for work but can show the car anytime after that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nceuro.org Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: