nceuro.org Forum Index nceuro.org
North Carolina European Car Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whats the problem with Meets these days?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    nceuro.org Forum Index -> Meets/Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
al-E60
Party Planner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

next meet at Shoneys, Reed is not invited
claud
Party Planner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn. Yes, back to the original old school. First Tuesday each month. Put an announcement in the "meets" section, but also in the "Euro Talk" section. Keep it local and simple untill we start to get 20 or more showing up. Until then no reservations----just show up and do it.
Alex, why not go back to the Village draft house. I bet our Greensboro Audi member would come again. Like me, he likes the draft selection and the female scenery.
Good old Rudinos was hard to beat even with the old crowds tha used to attend our meets.
That tavern behind Crabtree Valley has nice beer and facilities too.
al-E60
Party Planner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

claud wrote:
Damn. Yes, back to the original old school. First Tuesday each month. Put an announcement in the "meets" section, but also in the "Euro Talk" section. Keep it local and simple untill we start to get 20 or more showing up. Until then no reservations----just show up and do it.
Alec, why not go back to the Village draft house. I bet our Greensboro Audi member would come again. Like me, he likes the draft selection and the female scenery.
Good old Rudinos was hard to beat even with the old crowds tha used to attend our meets.

note taken
pkp1288
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone reading this thread needs to take some responsibility on their shoulders with trying to get the meets more involved... Not that the meets themselves are lackluster, it's that no one shows up. Attendance is always going to be an unknown thing when no one pays money for a membership and turnover will be high. With that, I encourage all of you to try a little bit harder when it comes to recruitment... We struggle with attendance because we have such a small group of people on this forum local to Raleigh. I think that if we can add 10 members that actively contribute we can start picking up steam as a community and our numbers will grow.

I know I haven't been to jack shit since last year but I'm also in Charlotte on weekdays and too hungover on Saturdays or Sundays to make any drives or C&C. This should change once I get back to Raleighwood in August and hopefully we can get some fun stuff going.

I think it would be a good idea to set up a location for the next months meet at each meet. So the first Tuesday in August, everyone can toss around some ideas on where the meet in September will be...

I also think it would be a good idea if we started doing our Sunday Drives again. Not many people have actually gone on one but they were oodles of fun.

And regarding the statement about C&C... That would be an extremely good time to recruit people to the org. We just need to make sure we all meet up and drive over there together.

My $.02
KRZY1
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think crabtree tavern would Work well. If the lot is too full we can park on the street or in the deck at the mall and walk across the street.

Rudinos is always good.

Brixx or Chilis(I think it's a Chilis over near BJs) at Brier Creek they have lots of parking empty on a Tuesday so we could chill for a bit before we eat.

I would also put in a vote for something like flying saucer. Harder to find parking but plenty of reasons to go.

If you want to recruit at c&c we should make some cards or flyers to put on cars at the show with the date, time and website info. I can print some if someone wants to photochop something together.
enigmaticdream
Combo Breaker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRZY1 wrote:
Brixx or Chilis(I think it's a Chilis over near BJs) at Brier Creek they have lots of parking empty on a Tuesday so we could chill for a bit before we eat.

That's an Applebees not a Chilis by BJs.

1987 325is Delphin/Black (Olga)
1988 M3 Zinnoberrot/Natur (Elsa)
1995 525i Touring Hellrot/Black (Ursula)
5 speeds for all
///M3Vader4dr
Postmaster General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can we start a list of usernames and their locations just so we can get an idea of who will have to travel so we can try and accommodate? and yeah I realize there's a location thing in our profiles but some aren't filled out and some are just too general.

I'll start:

Jamie: Tryon and Dillard (basically in Cary/Raleigh, Crossroads area)

BTW names Jamie and NO I'm not a girl so please don't hump my leg
autocross97
Postmaster General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sean, wilmington
Learner's Permit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its just the raleigh crowd in general. Everyone feels to be secluded and not tell anyone else about anything. Monthly car shows suck, I just moved here from the charlotte area, and the car scene there is awesome. You can go to a show\gtg almost every day of the week, and its organized and people actually show every week. Im in for little 5" "NCERUO.ORG" stickers, people checking out our cars might look across is and think about it

Its kind of depressing around here that we have to wait a full month for a decent show Shocked

Im in Holly Springs\Fuquay area, not terribly far from cross roads. Brier creek area is like 45 minutes from me Neutral
al-E60
Party Planner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way one location will accomodate everyone if you can make it great, if you cant make it great. Dont complain about the meets if you never come to one.......

I will post a sticky in which ideas/locations for the monthly GTG will be discussed. If a consensus cannot be reached I will pick a location

Just to wrap things up

1. Meets will be first Tuesday of every month @ 7:30
2. Meets will be in the Triangle area every month
3. Dont act like a douche at the meet, if so you you will be asked to not attend
4. We will all park in the same area for these meets
5. Meets will always be posted 2 weeks in advance with a sign up sheet attached
KRZY1
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.) 7:30 is perfect. Gives me time to run home after work and let the dogs outside even on a busy day before heading out and Tuesday are clear for me almost always.

2.) Advanced notice of the location is a plus.

3.) Good for putting this together.

You're never going to make everyone happy with a locations but if we move it around in the area a bit hopefully people will be envolved. Once you start to realize its a good turnout people a bit farther away from the center might even be willing to travel to it.

@ncbrock I agree with you it sucks having to wait a full month but if things went well and turnouts started to increase there isn't a reason we couldn't have either official or un-official meets in between the first Tuesday meets.

Lastly I am all for kicking in a few bucks to get the first batch of nceuro.org stickers made up. Anyone got anyone with access to a vinyl cutting machine? I may know someone but I haven't taked to them in a while. I would think black and white for the first batch would be best.
ncbrock
Learner's Permit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRZY1 wrote:

Lastly I am all for kicking in a few bucks to get the first batch of nceuro.org stickers made up. Anyone got anyone with access to a vinyl cutting machine? I may know someone but I haven't taked to them in a while. I would think black and white for the first batch would be best.

I think BFI (black forest industries) in cary has a vinyl cutter and could probably help us out.
iwillhunt
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you guys know, several of us already have nceuro.org stickers. They look exactly like the logo at the upper left hand of the forum but of a solid color instead of the flags. I have an extra one laying around if you need a template.
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When is the last time we had a wrench and quench?

'91 318i
'09 Subaru Forester
TheRingmeister
Postmaster General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

claud wrote:
Alex, why not go back to the Village draft house. I bet our Greensboro Audi member would come again. Like me, he likes the draft selection and the female scenery.

Greensboro Audi member.... that's funny.. yeah, you nailed it Claud.. Mr. Green

it's pretty funny to hear people bitch about the drive and meets not being convenient.. it's once an f'ing month for christsakes.. I realize not everyone can just bolt from work when they want like I have been able to in the past to drive sometimes upwards of 90 minutes or more to get to a meet on time, but hey. I don't care where you guys have them. If you go back to the Tuesday schedule, I'll try to make each and every one. I don't care if it's North Raleigh @ Rudinos or Village Draft House or somewhere down by NCSU. If I'm driving from Greensboro to Raleigh, exactly "where" in Raleigh or Durham isn't really a concern.. City Beverage would be nice every now and again though Wink
qcusa #00138
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    nceuro.org Forum Index -> Meets/Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: