nceuro.org Forum Index nceuro.org
North Carolina European Car Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E30 325i guys what diff ratio do you use @ VIR

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phatbus
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: E30 325i guys what diff ratio do you use @ VIR Reply with quote

I have a 4.10 in the garage and was thinking about putting it in or at least bringing it with me to VIR in May. I usually use the 3.73. When I go back to CMP I will put in the 4.10 since there isn't any real long straights but I just don't know about using it at VIR.
Comments?
Thanks
G
Licensed to Post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's more to choosing a diff than top speed, you want to select the ratio that does the best job of putting the motor in the sweet spot exiting turns, or lets you hit redline just as you have to brake on the various straights.
Phatbus
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jtower wrote:
there's more to choosing a diff than top speed, you want to select the ratio that does the best job of putting the motor in the sweet spot exiting turns, or lets you hit redline just as you have to brake on the various straights.

Coming out of Oak Tree in 3rd with the 3.73 sucks and 2nd doesn't buy me a whole lot except more to do while entering that corner. But with the 4.10 I think it would be the tits. 5th in the Esses instead of 4th/5th...I don't know. Seems like it would help in hog pen as well. Maybe I'll bring it with me and try it for a day.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get faster in Oak Tree and 3rd will be fine with a 3.73.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nceuro.org Forum Index -> Track Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: