nceuro.org Forum Index nceuro.org
North Carolina European Car Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Call for Entries for European Car Meetup at NC Museum of Art

View previous topic :: View next topic  
97e39
Training Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Call for Entries for European Car Meetup at NC Museum of Art Reply with quote

To fellow members of nceuro.org, posting on behalf of Robert Mlodzik:

The North Carolina Museum of Art requests European made automobiles to be considered for inclusion in the juried European Car Meetup event to be held at the Museum in conjunction with the fall exhibition Porsche by Design: Seducing Speed. The European Car Meetup will be held at the Museum’s Blue Ridge Road parking lot on Saturday, October 19, 2013. Entries (form attached) will be juried by a European Car authority. Because of limited space, only a select number of automobiles will be chosen for inclusion in the European Car Meetup Winners Circle. No entry fee.

BENEFITS TO PARTICIPANTS

The North Carolina Museum of Art acknowledges the investment in time it asks car owners to make with participation in the European Car Meetup. Should your automobile be selected for inclusion in the Winners Circle, the Museum will provide you with the following benefits:

• Exposure of your automobile to a large public audience
• Certificate of Participation
• Two vouchers for free admission to the Porsche by Design: Seducing Speed exhibition ($36 value)

AWARDS

The juror will select one automobile as Best in Show and one automobile as Honorable Mention. The owner of the automobile that is awarded Best in Show will receive a Dual Membership ($65 value); a $30 gift card for Iris restaurant; a copy of the Porsche by Design: Seducing Speed exhibition catalogue; and the Museum’s Handbook of the Collections. The owner of the automobile that is selected Honorable Mention will receive a Dual Membership ($65) and a copy of the Porsche by Design: Seducing Speed exhibition catalogue.

DRIVE-UPS

If anyone would like to display their car but not be part of the juried show, there will be a limited number of spaces in the Drive-ups section (about 64 spaces) available first come, first serve. Vehicles must arrive by 8 am on Saturday, October 19, and the vehicle must stay in place for the entirety of the Meetup event (8:30 am – 1 pm). For the safety of attendees, absolutely no vehicles will be allowed in or out of the lot during the event time.

BRING THE FAMILY

We are making our Meetup events family friendly! The Meetup will include:
• Family Fun Zone (featuring a giant race car slide, face painters, and crafts station)
• Health screenings and activities by UNC-Rex Healthcare, the event sponsor
• Food trucks
• Live music

In addition, the Porsche by Design: Seducing Speed exhibition will open early at 9 am that day and the Biergarten (café) will open early as well.

If you have any questions, please contact Robert Mlodzik, Visitor Services Manager and car meetups coordinator at Robert.Mlodzik@ncdcr.gov or (919) 664-6743. And please share this with friends!
97e39
Training Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: I'm working on getting the entry form and will make it available. Stay tuned....

Here it is: http://www.nceuromotorsports.com/European%20Car%20Call%20for%20Entries%20Final%20FORM.doc
panoz7
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a heads-up: chrome throws up a malware warning when I click on the link to the form.
jon_335
Postmaster General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Chrome doesn't like the gallery. Which maybe is one more reason it's going away.

2007 BMW 335i coupe
"Carmen" - 1996 BMW 328i **SOLD**
"The Dragon Wagon" - 2001 Saab 9-5 SEV6 **DEAD**
EvanM5
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, I deleted the entire thing, maybe the browsers/search/warnings just need to update?
Training Wheeler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm off that Saturday. Not sure my car is worthy of being judged, but I wouldn't mind driving up and taking one of those 64 spaces.

375RWHP/425RWTQ
97e39
Training Wheeler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update for early risers today:

Want to show off your own European car? Drive-ups are welcome before 8:15 am.

This Saturday, October 19, join us from 8:30 am to 1 pm in the Museum’s Blue Ridge parking lot for a European Car Meetup, one of four Meetups being held in conjunction with the Museum’s Porsche by Design: Seducing Speed exhibition.

· See juried and drive-up European cars

· Free health screenings by event sponsor UNC-Rex

· Free oil change giveaways by Jiffy Lube

· European electronica music by Lack

· Gourmet donuts and pigs-in-a-blanket for sale from Rise

· Fresh brew for sale from Joe Van Gogh

· Giant inflatable race car slide and car art crafts for the kids

· Porsche by Design: Seducing Speed and the Porsche Biergarten will open at 9 am, one hour early
jon_335
Postmaster General

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I could have made this. How was the turnout? Any pictures? I can't wait to get to the museum to see the exhibit!

2007 BMW 335i coupe
"Carmen" - 1996 BMW 328i **SOLD**
"The Dragon Wagon" - 2001 Saab 9-5 SEV6 **DEAD**
97e39
Training Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turn out was a bit light. Took some pics on iPhone. Will try to upload. Nice Bertone x1/9, e30 M3, M5, M6, Maserati, TR6, TR3 & some Porsche cars.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nceuro.org Forum Index -> Meets/Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: