nceuro.org Forum Index nceuro.org
North Carolina European Car Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BMW 335 diesel?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jon_335
Postmaster General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: BMW 335 diesel? Reply with quote

A friend of mine is looking at 2010 BMW 335 diesel. Any thoughts on it? Anything he should watch out for? I'm not too familiar with the diesels, but in general the engines typically last forever. Same with the BMWs?

2007 BMW 335i coupe
"Carmen" - 1996 BMW 328i **SOLD**
"The Dragon Wagon" - 2001 Saab 9-5 SEV6 **DEAD**
FormerlyKnownAs
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My girl friend has an F30 328d and I love it. Its a 4cyl turbo diesel. I can get 56 MPG on the high way and 45+ around town. Though she drives it like she stole it and wonders why she only gets 43-45.

The engine isn't fast by any means and has quite a bit of turbo lag but eventually it will get out of its own way. I imagine the 6 cyl version would be a bit better on this.

Also the value is amazing. She got quite a good deal on the car but its still amazing that its worth more than we owe currently and I expect that to continue.

My only hesitation on the 335d is that its a 6 cyl which will make it worse on fuel, and tbe whole reason we bought hers is because of the efficiency.

Thats my $0.02
jon_335
Postmaster General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the insight. I'm pretty sure the mpg on the 335d is considerably less, unfortunately.

2007 BMW 335i coupe
"Carmen" - 1996 BMW 328i **SOLD**
"The Dragon Wagon" - 2001 Saab 9-5 SEV6 **DEAD**
pkp1288
Forum Addict

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 335d is a wicked car. I've driven one, but it didn't have the sport package. Regardless, the motor makes 400 lb/ft of torque, stock Shocked

Even with all of that torque you can squeeze the motor for over 35mpg highway. I'm sure if you're getting on it a lot, it will drop down to 25ish, but that's still pretty amazing mileage for such a powerful motor.

I can't remember who it was, but there was someone a few years back on here that had one. He said he was able to get over 750 miles on a tank of diesel on long hauls.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nceuro.org Forum Index -> euro Talk All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: