nceuro.org Forum Index nceuro.org
North Carolina European Car Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SOLD....'96 328 e36 for sale

View previous topic :: View next topic  
olds350
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:14 pm    Post subject: SOLD....'96 328 e36 for sale Reply with quote

Car is sold, thank you....

I'm selling my trusted e36 328i. I've owned this car since '03 and sold it and bought it back twice. This has a been a solid car for me over the years w/ tons of maintenance performed.

Here’s some history on it. It’s a 328i 5 speed w/ the premium package and computer. No pixel issues on the computer. White over black leather interior. The front seats are in very good shape along with the carpet. The car is right at 244k miles.

I'm really hoping someone will take this great 328 and turn it into a track rat. This is where the car belongs....

Some of the items from my tracking spread sheet over the past few years...

action........ mileage

replace power steering fluid 180k
new brake pads sensors, front 180k
new brake pads front 180k
replaced radiator 180k
replace tranny fluid
replace diff fluid
install trailer hitch
new hawk street pads
rear pad sensor
rear sway and bushings
replaced dash fan 196k
vanos replacement 192k
new belts 198k
float for rad 198k
water pump 198k
window guide
lower front control arms 200k
tie rod ends and bushings
LCAB, powerflex 232k
RTAB , powerflex 232k
drivers side window regulator
oil pan gasket need to install
valve cover gasket installed 232k
front sway bar end links
right front hub bearing0 241k
new front rotors and pads5 241k
new radiator cap

So is the car perfect, sorry, no, but it’s in decent shape mechanically. So the bad stuff….

• Car was painted about 6 years ago and some of the clear is coming off, but I think it can be saved with some touch up clear.
• Driver’s side window regulator has been replaced along w/ the guides, but needs to be fine tuned and the rubber surround replaced
• The oil pan gasket should be replaced as it has a small oil leak, but it’s not been on my list to do. I do have the gasket.
• Could use some new struts/shocks. These bilsteins have over 150k on them
• Ebay front turn signals could stand to be replaced
• Needs a head liner, took the old one out due to sagging
• Rear seat under the back glass has the threads starting to separate
• Needs the shifter rebuilt or replace w/ a short shifter, it’s a bit sloppy right now. I have some of the rebuild parts along w/ a homemade short shift. Drive shaft needs to be dropped to install.
• When the car is cold, the shifter hangs on the 5th gear side, but once warmed up it shifts normally. $15 part and way to much in labor to deal with to replace.
• Needs floor mats
• Needs new power steering lines, common problem
• Power sunroof will go into open mode, but not vent mode
• Front fender liners could stand to be replaced, again a standard issue w/ the plastic becoming brittle

The better stuff,

• As mentioned, I’ve tried to take care of this mechanically. If it needed attention, I tried to address it.
• Oil has been changed every 5k miles since ownership w/ a mixture of 3qts 10w30 and 3qts 20w50 in an attempt to reach the 15w40 suggest oil weight. Along w/ that a Mann filter.
• Car doesn’t burn oil
• Still pulls very strong and is a blast to drive
• Set up with a M3 suspension and running flipped M3 hats that provides more camber and caster.
• Head unit has an iPod adaptor on it in the glove box
• All the seat motors work
• AC works, but generally needs a recharge at the beginning of the season
• Price of car also includes the Shark software hand held, fatter H&R front sway and H&R lowering springs
• Also includes the stock front bumper, I put on the M3 bumper years ago. You may need the stock bumper if you plan to run in any of the BMW sanctioned stuff
• Upgraded headlights, much better than stock.
• Trailer hitch is installed and wired for a 4point plug. It would easily pull the tire trailer I’ve jerked around for years
• Has an M3 catback installed
• Cold air intake makes a great sound under WOT
• The car has not been wrecked since I’ve owned it and no rust on the car
• Car needs 89 octane

That’s about all I can think of right now, I’m sure there’s something I’ve missed. I’ll bring it the meeting next week and let the bid war start up…. Please let me know if you have any questions… Asking $2300 OBO.

[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nceuro.org Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: