nceuro.org Forum Index nceuro.org
North Carolina European Car Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

For Sale: 1998 Estoril M3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EstorilM3
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:46 pm    Post subject: For Sale: 1998 Estoril M3 Reply with quote

For sale is my 1998 Estoril M3 coupe with black interior. I’ve owned her since the fall of 2007 and while it has been a fantastic daily driver during that time it is now time to move on. Currently the car has a little under 151k miles. While not perfect, the M3 but is mechanically sound. It’s been my goal to leave the car relatively stock. To that end any upgrades had to match original finish or purpose so the number is few. I replaced the C43 headunit with a CD43 unit in 2008. Coupled with a Dice Ipod integration kit it fulfilled my audio connectivity requirements. I also replaced all speakers in the car in the spring of 2009 with the BSW Stage one system. Otherwise I’ve kept the car stock.

Maintenance wise the car has been maintained by Mpowered (now Import Motor Works) and recently European Performance in Cary. The suspension, braking system, and cooling system have been completely replaced with OEM parts. I have a rather large folder of maintenance records dating to 2007. However, I do not have the maintenance records before this time.

In order to have this process be as open as possible here are the biggest issues with the car:

1. The car was in an accident in 2008. The bulk of the damage was to the spire tire well. The car was repaired at Paragon Automotive in Raleigh and hasn’t had an issue since.
2. I did replace the front bumper due to a car rolling backwards into me a stoplight in 2009. A new bumper was purchased and painted at Kenny Hawkins automotive in Raleigh.
3. My steering system failed in 2011 when I lost fluid pressure during a drive. The steering system was damaged and while I originally though it could be salvaged the steering system was completely replaced by European Performance.
4. The CD43 unit was damaged in 2012 when I was removing the unit to pull the serial number to recover the antitheft code. The LCD is cracked but doesn’t otherwise hinder function. I had thought to replace the unit but they’re trading for a little too much for a now 15 year old headunit (see picture for more details).
5. The paint has several rock chips in the front. While they do not detract the overall look they are noticeable from up close.
6. A few of the wheels have curb rash from the previous owner but I refinished them. (see pictures for more details).
7. There is a crack in the driver’s side door panel that was from the original owner. (see picture for more details).
8. There is a crack in the rear spoiler (see picture for more details).
9. The steering wheel leather has starting cracking and has some discoloration on the edges. (see pictures for more details).
10. The passenger’s front seat has a small tear (see picture for more details).
11. The dice ipod integration kit has some distortion has high volumes.

I hate to sell as the car has been fantastic but it is time to move on to something with four doors. I’m listing the car at $10,500.

Pictures are in the link below. If you have any questions please let me know.
http://imgur.com/a/60Pu6
Training Wheeler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried sending you a PM but it wouldn't go through. Would you be interested in trading your car + cash for my 2011 335i?

375RWHP/425RWTQ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nceuro.org Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: