nceuro.org Forum Index nceuro.org
North Carolina European Car Club
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TZC/THSCC Rockingham October
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nceuro.org Forum Index -> Track Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
David W
Former HPDE Champion


Joined: 24 Sep 2003
Posts: 5195
Location: Raleigh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

911junky wrote:
235/40/18 in front. 295/30/18 in rear.


looks like there are R888's that should work...245/40/18 and 295/30/18...toyos typically run small so the 245 would probably work in front but you'd have to check the specs to see

seth thomas was running some r888's on his gt3 at RA last month but i forgot to ask him how he liked them...
_________________
Take your driving to the Next Level
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
911junkie
Postmaster General


Joined: 10 Sep 2003
Posts: 4455
Location: Raleigh, NC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M III Pilot wrote:
Finally got around to trying to transfer my video from the event, and it turns out my first tape has nothing on it.

Yeah I checked, and it displayed "rec" but apperantly it wasn't. Mad

So, Wes sorry man I don't have any footage from your TT.
And I don't have my "fast" solo session on tape either.


I'm seriously considering replacing this camera, it's chewed a couple of tapes but never had it not recorded before.....it just acts weird. Confused


Ahh, no big deal. Thanks for trying though. I do appreciate it. I just have to charge my freakin' camera before I got out next time. Rolling Eyes
_________________

'68 911S | '97 911 C2S | '97 911 TT | '07 911 GT3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
911junkie
Postmaster General


Joined: 10 Sep 2003
Posts: 4455
Location: Raleigh, NC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David W wrote:
911junky wrote:
235/40/18 in front. 295/30/18 in rear.


looks like there are R888's that should work...245/40/18 and 295/30/18...toyos typically run small so the 245 would probably work in front but you'd have to check the specs to see

seth thomas was running some r888's on his gt3 at RA last month but i forgot to ask him how he liked them...


I might give them a shot. I did see a few cars running them but no p-cars. all the p-cars were running MPSC's or Dunlop/Michelin slicks.
_________________

'68 911S | '97 911 C2S | '97 911 TT | '07 911 GT3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
David W
Former HPDE Champion


Joined: 24 Sep 2003
Posts: 5195
Location: Raleigh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

911junky wrote:
all the p-cars were running MPSC's or Dunlop/Michelin slicks.

i guess some people have to win the DE's...or maybe they were just using up some old race tires or got smokin deals on some scrubs...i just dont see the point in speding that kind of money for a DE...those slicks are rediculously expensive (make my tires look like a real bargain) and mpsc's are (imho) overpriced for what you get...
_________________
Take your driving to the Next Level
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
911junkie
Postmaster General


Joined: 10 Sep 2003
Posts: 4455
Location: Raleigh, NC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David W wrote:
911junky wrote:
all the p-cars were running MPSC's or Dunlop/Michelin slicks.

i guess some people have to win the DE's...or maybe they were just using up some old race tires or got smokin deals on some scrubs...i just dont see the point in speding that kind of money for a DE...those slicks are rediculously expensive (make my tires look like a real bargain) and mpsc's are (imho) overpriced for what you get...


I guess when you're trading p-cars every 2 weeks the $ you spend on slicks is just operating cost.
_________________

'68 911S | '97 911 C2S | '97 911 TT | '07 911 GT3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
David W
Former HPDE Champion


Joined: 24 Sep 2003
Posts: 5195
Location: Raleigh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

911junky wrote:
I guess when you're trading p-cars every 2 weeks the $ you spend on slicks is just operating cost.


true, i guess its all relative...

whenever i'm at a DE (or even race practice) and am not testing something, i run the oldest/shittiest tires i have
_________________
Take your driving to the Next Level
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nceuro.org Forum Index -> Track Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group