nceuro.org Forum Index nceuro.org
North Carolina European Car Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Asphalt Ventures... 2008 track days
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stack
Asphalt Ventures

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Asphalt Ventures... 2008 track days Reply with quote

I am VERY happy to go ahead and announce Asphalt Ventures' first three events of 2008 (there hopefully will be more to come, but these will be a nice start to the year I think)...

Confirmed Click on each event for registration link
CANCELEDMonday, February 11th ... Virginia Int'l Raceway North Course
TZC/THSCC will be on Full Course the 9th & 10th... come freeze your ass off with us!!! Twisted Evil

Monday, March 10th ... Carolina Motorsports Park
There's an SVTOA Mustang event there that weekend

Monday, April 7th ... Virginia Int'l Raceway, South Course
TZC/THSCC will be on North Course the 5th & 6th, which again... is NOT Easter!

Regular event pricing will be $225 for each event. If you sign up for any individual event before December 31st, 2007: $200

To prepay for multiple events (for an even deeper discount of course) please CLICK HERE

Under Consideration

I am actively pursuing a Fall VIR date, but my concentration right now is on making these first few events the best they can be.

UPDATE!! Still deciding on the exact date, but I am negotiating a VIR FULL COURSE event around Thanksgiving 2008. I'm leaning towards Monday, Dec 1 (other option is Mon Nov 24th). Stay tuned!!!

I doubt High Rock will be open for business in 2008, but of course, if it does open somehow, I hope to have at least one there too.

Anyway... consider this a teaser of bigger and better things to come!

Last edited by Stack on Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:04 pm; edited 8 times in total
M III Pilot
Post Whore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to know that it's been successful this year, and you can certainly count on me for April 7th.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MIIIPilot
911junkie
Postmaster General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! Looking forward to some great events.

'68 911S | '97 911 C2S | '97 911 TT | '07 911 GT3
Stack
Asphalt Ventures

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK... how would it effect things if I told you guys that I might also have a Friday VIR date available about 3 weeks after the South Course date?

Here's the skinny... and you're hearing this first...

TZC/THSCC may be moving it's April 5/6 date to April 26/27 by request from VIR. Without going into too much detail, it would make available Friday, April 25th for a possible North or even Full Course event. It would definitely be more expensive since Friday is considered a weekend day... but what do you think?

I'm considering keeping the Monday April 7th South Course date and adding the Friday April 25th date. (If that Monday is available, I may do that, but my guess is that one is already accounted for.)

Would having the date so close to the other one be a factor?

Would you rather not do the April 7th if I did get a Full or North course in the same month?
EvanM5
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about others Stacy, but I'm all about cheap. If a monday is like $150 and a Friday is $500 then I would definitely not be there for the friday.

Very Happy
Asphalt Ventures

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvanM325i wrote:
I don't know about others Stacy, but I'm all about cheap. If a monday is like $150 and a Friday is $500 then I would definitely not be there for the friday.

Very Happy

LOL ... it wouldn't be that bad... and until I get the contracts in-hand, I won't know exactly... so don't hold me to this...

But my hope is that I can do the South Course event for $200 per car, and a Full or North Course Friday event for between $250-$300 (can fit more cars, so the per-car price difference isn't as great, but the cost of rental for Friday may impact things.)

It tough, because while South Course, on a Monday, is the cheapest way to go (rental-wise, not including Patriot course), it is the shortest, and I'm limited to the # of cars on course. Any VIR event will most likely require run groups (hopefully only two, based on speed potential.)

Oh yeah... and of course... I would work out a combo price for both events Very Happy
911junkie
Postmaster General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, if THSCC moves their event and you keep your event that wouldn't hurt my feelings...I get more out of a 1-day event with your crew than a 2-day event with THSCC. My point being, I'd probably only run Sat with THSCC after a full day with Asphalt. I'm weak...

Stack
Asphalt Ventures

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

911junky wrote:
well, if THSCC moves their event and you keep your event that wouldn't hurt my feelings...I get more out of a 1-day event with your crew than a 2-day event with THSCC. My point being, I'd probably only run Sat with THSCC after a full day with Asphalt. I'm weak...

In the context of this thread though... would you do both the April 7th event AND the April 25th event? Or would a Full or North Course event trump a South Course event in the same month?
EvanM5
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me the south course event would trump the friday event if I couldn't afford to do both.

I'd rather take a day off work and roll up there for a monday of fun for $200 than squeeze in a third day that doubles the cost of the april thscc event.
Postmaster General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stack wrote:
911junky wrote:

In the context of this thread though... would you do both the April 7th event AND the April 25th event? Or would a Full or North Course event trump a South Course event in the same month?

To answer your question, Monday's are hard for me to take off. Friday is better. If I had to make a choice between the two, I would choose to go to the Friday event and not the Mon one.

Stack
Asphalt Ventures

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

911junky wrote:
Stack wrote:
911junky wrote:

To answer your question, Monday's are hard for me to take off. Friday is better. If I had to make a choice between the two, I would choose to go to the Friday event and not the Mon one.

Thanks for the input guys... I guess that's why I'm leaning towards still doing both events, so people will have a choice.

Of course... nothing is definite... VIR might come back and say that he already had that Friday promised out. I'll keep everyone updated of course.
Horched
Licensed to Post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stack wrote:

I'm not too concerned with the relative proximities of the two events. Having them on separate courses definitely increases the attraction though. I'm up for both especially if we get a good nceuro showing.
Spec E30 #032
'03 M3
M III Pilot
Post Whore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stack wrote:

I would only do one event and the single Monday event is more attractive since I won't need a hotel, won't need to take off from work, and it's a configuration I haven't run yet.

And as far as the later date that preceeds the THSCC event I would probably skip it, becasue I really wouldn't want to double up the cost of that one weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MIIIPilot
Stack
Asphalt Ventures

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M III Pilot wrote:

And as far as the later date that preceeds the THSCC event I would probably skip it, becasue I really wouldn't want to double up the cost of that one weekend.

Here's a hypothetical...

Lets say I worked out a deal with THSCC... that might subsidize the Friday event, keeping it at or below $200 for an additional day on Full or North Course, if both events were signed up for (totaling say $500)?... remember, On-season VIR is expensive. TZC/THSCC North Course event will probably be $350/$375 in 2008.
EvanM5
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stacy I think that's an excellent idea that most people will jump on. For me personally, I'm just not sure I need 3 days in a row to be content. The single monday is a little bit of awesome in a lull between full weekends. To me that's more fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nceuro.org Forum Index -> Track Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: